Today is a wonderful day! I was nominated for a Liebster Award… in German meaning lovely, I think of it as a newbie blogger badge of honor given by fellow newbs! I love the concept and am honored to have been nominated by Keia, an amazing blogger over at Improving Me With Keia Lee! Thank you for being so thoughtful, Keia! You put the lovely in Leibster!
Were you nominated or do you have someone in mind that you’d like to nominate? If so, here are the Liebster Rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions I have answered below.
3. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award (you can use the ones below).
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 facts about myself…
I am an overprotective Momma, perfectionist, borderline germopobic, tickle torturing, worry wart, who finds joy in composition, color theory, working with my hands, while chewing fruity bubble gum, listenin’ to oldies, and gettin’ sawdust on my boots!😉 <–might’ve cheated a little there!
11 questions answered…
1. Why did you start blogging?
Honestly, I started blogging because my hubby has no interest in Furniture Refinishing, Art, or DIY projects, but I wanted to chat about these things and connect with others that enjoy them!
2. If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where and what would you eat?
Hmmm, I would want to go to Ireland and eat some authentic corned beef and cabbage!
3. Whom, what, where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I gain inspiration from finding beautiful pieces of design and stunning furniture… whether I see it in a photograph or go hunting for a piece to restore, then I come back here and write about the fun process!
4. How do you handle a stressful day?
I distract myself with the things I love… my little guys & my work!
5. What do you hope that your children remember about you?
My biggest fear is passing on before my children know how much I love them & can remember the happy memories we shared… so above all else, I just want my children to remember me smiling at them because of how happy they made me!
6. What is your favorite recipe?
Yeah, um, I don’t really cook. My little guys enjoy my specialty, Hamburger Helper with veggies… needless to say, Daddy does most of the cooking in our home!
7. What is your favorite quote?
“I once complained that I had no shoes, until I met a man that had no feet” … reminds me to be grateful & that my family is blessed!
8. What projects are you working on right now?
Yikes, I happen to have too many going on at once at the moment, but I really need to finish… refinishing a side table, 2 dining chairs, and a dining table + I want to make an antique-looking wood window with a landscape scene for the wall next to our interior sliding barn door (which I need to write a post about)!
9. What is the best thing about you?
I would have to say my sweetness & ability to empathize with others!
10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate?
Without a doubt, YES!
11. What makes you giggle?
Being silly with my little guys & watching the show ‘An Idiot Abroad’! Hahahahaha!
The lovely up-and-coming Bloggers I nominated for the Liebster Award…
Keia – Improving Me with Keia Lee
Jessica – The Wondering Brain
Jules – A Dose of Jules
Brittany – Oh my darlin & i.
Vicky – A Lovely Little Addiction
Nicole – Crazy Life with My 3 Boys
R and J Harris – He Has MS
Karen – Karen’s Soiree
Holly – not done growing
Amanda – Modern Hippie Momma
Natalie – Plutonium Sox
Have a lovely day y’all! ;D